Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers day to all those dads out there, especially mine :) I love you dad!
This last week was just awesome! I got to stay out in Craig, CO and work with a Vacation Bible School out there. Got to spend some time with Kelsey Pile, who was on my team in San Diego last summer. Also got to make some amazing friendships that week! It was really great!
There was a team from Mississippi that was helping at the VBS as well. Great group of people! So nice, and easy to talk to. I worked with one girl Rebekah most of the week. And she is so sweet! You would honestly think she was 20 but she was only 17. So mature, and had a great walk with God.
Here's the Mississippi team
From right to left, Hayes, Lauren, Amanda, Kayla, Rebekah, Daniel, Holly, and Ross
Amanda and Daniel were the leaders, and the rest were highschool seniors/just graduated.

We had a lot of fun with the Mississippi team. We got to go boldering with them on Thursday, which if you dont know what boldering is, you climb these huge rocks without a harness. It was a blast! I didnt climb back down though, I was to chicken, Rebekah and I both, so her and I repelled down. It was a blast.

I stayed with a different host family this week, which they were amazing! They took us up to Steamboat to strawberry park and went to the natural hot springs, which was absolutely amazing! I was so tense, and it just helped me relax!
That day we also ran across a little chipmunk, which was absolutely adorable, and I got a really good picture of him
I know the Bible says not to be proud, but I am so proud of this picture I got with my new camera! I love it! lol.

Here's also a view from the car on the way to the host home I was staying at this last week. Absolutely gorgeous!


We had to drive about 2 or 3 miles on a dirt road to get to this house, but it was totally worth it! Absolutely beautiful! We saw SO many deer and elk this week. One day Taylor the girl that stayed with me and I saw 10 deer at once. It was just crazy. Even going into town at night you had to watch for them, the last night we were there, there was a huge deer crossing the road.

This is Taylor and I, Her and i hit it off really well. I miss her like crazy now, and really wish we were working together this summer. Really great awesome girl! 

I have so many funny stories I could go into about this week with the 4 and 5 year olds, but they would honestly probably only be funny to me and the others that worked this week. It was awesome being able to help plant those seeds in those little kids. We got to see Lee Byram, the pastor at the church kiss a pig AND get a pie in the face, which was great. The kids raised a total of 262 pounds of pennies. Which I have no idea how much dollar amount that would be, but that is awesome in my book!

Well, I should get going, I have to get ready to go to the homeless shelter this afternoon. I'm glad to be back in New Castle, but I miss Craig a lot. And having a vehicle. haha. Hoping to go see everyone in Breckinridge soon.
Love and miss you all so much!

In Christ,
Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment