Monday, June 7, 2010

One week down!!

Hey everyone :) this week has been an amazing amazing week! The homeless shelter is going great, I'm slowly building relationships with everyone there, and its really amazing how much discussion they're open to.
I just got back from my first orientation, which seemed to be more for the VBS people, than the people helping out else where. But it was great! Got to see Kelsey which she was on my team in San Diego last summer. It looks like I'll be working with her at a VBS next week in Craig, CO which is about 2 hours away from me in New Castle. So Alison will be picking me up every morning, and we'll be driving out there for VBS. I'll be a head of the recreation for the preschoolers. Which will be crazy, and awesome all at the same time.
So looks like I wont be getting my Saturday off like I usually do. But thats totally fine. I was hoping to work with a VBS this summer. I'm also waiting on a call from Ross about a sports camp we'll be helping out with once a week. I'm really looking forward to that! So as time goes on, I'm getting busier and busier, but I'm loving every moment of it! Looks like I'll still have most evenings off I believe, but I'm not really sure. I'll find out more later this week.

There has been so many great talks going on lately that I've been able to listen in on. If you know me, I'm the type that likes to sit back and listen to everyones opinions instead of giving my own unless I have something REALLY good to say haha. I really enjoy being able to sit and listen to people's opinions and seeing how they go with my opinions, I just normally cant think of a quick response like some people can. Which is why I avoid debating haha.

It's been really great being able to dig into God's word every day. I'm thinking about trying to read through the bible again. The last few times I've tried I wasnt in the habit of reading every day, but I think I would be able to do it this summer. So I'm going to try.

Be praying for me these next few weeks of being busy busy busy, and that I dont get to overwhelmed and that I can keep my focus on God and not myself, and how worn out I am. The last few days have been nice cause I've been able to sleep in and relax. The first week I was crazy tired, and I'm slowly getting used to the elevation, and being busy all the time.
It's almost 95 degrees right now, so I think I'm going to go downstairs where it's cool, and dig into God's word.

In Christ,
Hanah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah!! It sounds like you're doing some amazing things. I love reading your blogs so I can see what God is doing with and through you. You're in my prayers this summer. I know you'll be a blessing with all you come in contact with.

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete