Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So sorry it's taken me a while to write. I havent had internet yet this trip, and have barely any cell phone reception. Only enough to have short phone conversations and text.
I'm so excited to see what God does this summer. The last few days I've been helping out at the homeless shelter, which is amazing! These people are soooo nice and so humble at the same time. There was a guy that came in today and he was drunk, and started causing trouble in the church, cops came, and took him away. Nothing happened down in the shelter, he went up where the church was. But whenever someone drunk comes in, they tell him they cant stay. They dont want that in the church for safety reasons which is really great. It's mostly men there, but there are some women. One woman that is there her name is Lynn and she believes some wacky stuff that I wouldnt even be able to tell you all everything she said. There are so many hurting people here. It's crazy. But I'm so excited to see how God will use me and this homeless ministry this summer.

My host home is great! This family is so nice and welcoming. I'm enjoying it so much! it's also great cause I can help them grow in their relationship with God cause they're not strong christians.

I only have one other person on my team. His name is Ross. He's a really great guy. We get along really well. I've already learned so much from him, and Lee our supervisor. I think Ross and I are going to go to the River Center which is a center that Lee has started for his church and for the community to use. They have a prayer room there, and I think Ross and I are going to go once a week and just pray and read the Bible for a while. I'm really excited to take that time to just spend with God. Whenever we're on our way back to my host home for Ross to drop me off, we always talk about the day. I'm excited because tonight I'm actually going to be able to get into The Word. They're so big on that here. Which is awesome! I havent ever really had anyone pushing me to get into the word daily, and I'm so glad I have that this summer, so I can really get into it, and get into the habit of getting into it daily, that way once I go home I will be able to stay in God's word better than I ever have.

These next few weeks I'll continue to work with the homeless ministry, and just building relationships with the homeless, and my host family. I'm really excited to see what God will teach me through all of this. I've already learned a lot, and I'm really looking forward to learning more. I'll try to update this at least once a week, but might be more, might be less. Depends on how busy I get.

In Christ,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Wow Hannah, it sounds like you're having a great time and I'm really happy for you that you're getting to be in Colorado doing this stuff. I can't wait to hear more, and I'll keep you and the work you're doing in my prayers :)
    -Sarah Harms

    ReplyDelete